WHAT WE DO!
- We host monthly recreational events for kids/teens and their families to meet others who are also grieving the loss of a parent. All activities are provided free of charge and serve as an ongoing grief support system for families who have recently experienced a loss as well as those who are further along in the grieving process.
- We host an annual memorial tree plant in memory of a lost parent.
- We offer a clothing and household item donation service in which we use and/or distribute items donated. For example we have provided several bicycles, books, and sporting equipment to program participants.
- We distribute books on grief to families in need and to schools. Our first book we distributed is Still Here With Me: Teenagers and Children on Losing a Parent edited by Suzanne Sjoqvist. Please contact us if you are interested in receiving a free copy of this book.
- We are currently working on getting testimonials from athletes, artists, musicians, etc. who have a similar grief experience.